Automated emails deliver information to your customers right when they need it using their actions as a basis for what to send. These actions are laid out in workflows that operate on conditional logic: If A happens, then B will happen. This means that when you’re setting up your workflow, you’re creating specific conditions for emails to send. The workflows use triggers to send an email or a series of emails to specific subscribers on a list. A trigger can be an open or click in one of your campaigns, a subscription to your mailing list, or some other type of action. Triggers can be activity based or date based.
Some Ways to Use Email Marketing Automation
- When a subscriber signs up for your list – Welcome new subscribers with a series of emails that help them understand your company and it’s products or services better.
- When you have a series of emails for a specific situation – Maybe you have an online course, that needs to be sent out on a regular basis over a period of time. You could break that information into a series of steps that can be sent over days, weeks, or months.
- When you need to send out date driven emails – You may want to send out a series of emails annually or quarterly or on the anniversary they became your customer, etc.
- When you want to follow up on website activity – When a subscriber navigates to a specific link on your site from a newsletter you can automatically send them follow-up information on that topic.
- When you want to thank your best customers – Send your best customers a simple thank you, invite them to a special event, or offer them a discount.
- Follow up after a purchase – Send additional product recommendations or product care tips based on what your customers have purchased.
- When you need feedback – Send a survey to make your customers feel valued and get important feedback about their experiences on your site and with your company.
Watch This Video About Setting Up Workflows
Contact Us today to get started!
About Main Street Marketing
Since 2006, Main Street Marketing has been creating Internet Presence Solutions for small businesses mainly in the Cincinnati – Northern Kentucky area. Main Street Marketing uses internet marketing, search engine optimization, and lead generation to create a true Internet Presence for its clients. When integrated correctly, this core group of services provide results together that none of the services could provide on their own or in phases.
>> Learn More